Founded in 2018 to redefine and expand the notion of dance, a Dance Mag is an independent magazine that investigates the world through the lens of dance. Capture ephemeral moments to transform them into beautifully designed and timeless narratives.
Each issue of the magazine begins with a dance and then continues exploring a universe of stories, rituals, techniques and narratives related to that experience.
Size: 14.5x30 cm
Number of pages: 112
ISSUE 3 - TOUCH
Born during a year of seclusion and social distancing, the third issue of A Dance Mag, "Touch", paradoxically reports stories of connection, transformation and healing. In this edition we will wander into the underworld of northern Japan, find a home in the Mediterranean Sea, experience manhood in the Arctic, go to a Kurdish mountain and find Palestine in Dubai.
In this number:
• A Singaporean artist connects with Hijikata Tatsumi from beyond the grave
• A werewolf turns into a manta ray, a story of metamorphosis
• Connection during quarantine with TikTok
• Finding Palestine in a contemporary art center in Dubai
• A Norwegian cartel redefines modern-day manhood
• Doctor Aline LePierre talks about the healing power of touch