Journal of Creative Pursuit (JoCP) is a new independent magazine that can be conceived as a kind of diary kept by creatives, who deepen their creative practice, but also the cultural and social issues that they want to highlight through their work.
Recognizing that conditions of systemic inequality exist within the creative industry, this publication seeks to diversify narratives by bringing to attention creatives who are underrepresented on a global scale. Through the stories and discussions with the creatives of
different parts of the world, the purpose of the magazine is to shed light on some cultural and social issues that various communities have to face.
Issue 2 - Memory
The second issue of the Journal of Creative Pursuit is dedicated to the theme of memory that becomes a lens through which to look at the creative industries.
• With Solemn Tadros we explore virtual reality to discover the quality of technological immersion in recreating his memory of Palestine.
• We went to Kingsland Road with Mark Nguyen to find his home.
• Artist Shaima Al-Tamimi tells us how delving into the past helped shape her as an artist.
• We visit the Paula Rego exhibition to discover how we try to remember through art.
• We spoke with Algerian artists in exile of memory, connections and places to start again.
• We explore the culture of archiving and how to protect cultural memory
... and so on