Valet is an independent Slovakian magazine on the classic lifestyle of men. It was born in 2020 to completely redefine the magazines dedicated to men that today are mostly glossy, flooded with advertising and without any real interest in what can be defined purely as the "classic" style.
The magazine rediscovers several classics of the men lifestyle, including luxury, fashion, elegance and way of acting in the world. From here it radiates to describe how this culture and attitude can pass the times in an elegant way that never sets.
The paper format of the magazine is particularly accurate, with different types of papers and finely printed. The publisher, in fact, is the same as that of Standart, a coffee magazine dedicated to professionals and lovers of this drink.
ISSUE 2 - Aging
The second issue of Valet explores the themes of time, aging and death through the lens of classic men's clothing and style and hosts a veritable feast of original articles and photographs. Articles include art history, philosophy, literary criticism, interviews, fabric guides, object stories, photo essays, and original fiction.
Among the topics covered:
- the Soviet watch industry unexpectedly influenced by the Americans;
- an incredibly funny article by one of our sartorial heroes, Fabio Trombini;
- an interview with Gerardo Cavaliere from Giuliva Heritage in Rome;
- exclusive original cocktail recipes that everyone needs to face the big obstacles in life;
- an interview with a great chess master about the game's imminent death;
- a focus on esoteric and poetic approaches to men's clothing and style, which are explored through the lens of various fields of expertise, from history, philosophy, memoirs, fiction and other academic disciplines, such as essays on clothing in EM Forster's novels, a historical-artistic analysis of aged shoes in one of Van Gogh's famous works, original stories, all inspired in one way or another by men's clothing ... and much more.
Dimensions: 14x20.5 cm