Kookie is a quarterly English magazine with a mission: to celebrate EVERYTHING a child can be and become. Whether she is into science or sports, art or astronomy, history or hip hop ... or whatever, she will love Kookie.
In a world that says too often there's only one way to be a woman (think nice, think pink), Kookie offers a fun, engaging and exciting alternative, inspiring little girls (but also boys) to have a larger, brighter view of the world and their place in it.
Each issue is packed with stories that build confidence, teach new skills, and connect it with other cultures.
There are interviews with extraordinary women and girls from around the world, profiles of pioneering women in history, original fiction and brilliant comics, plus a whole host of interesting articles on a little bit of everything from adventure to activism, science, sleepover, crafts, debates, pets, puzzles, problems, posters and more. Kookie is surprising, informative and above all fun, a magazine that reminds us that there are a thousand ways to be yourself.
- In this issue we find:
- Exclusive interview with the reader with award-winning musician DAME EVELYN GLENNIE
- RAD GIRLS LOVING ANIMALS
- FIX IT! The best tips to fix things and make it happen
- JUST DO IT! Create your TERRARIUM
- THE PRANK, a short story by Maria Parenti-Baldey, illustrated by Katrin Dreiling
- RECIPE Super-easy and extra delicious energy balls
- DRESS CODE, a comic by Faye Simms: Emmie is throwing a party: the question is: what to wear?
- GILO A GO circus skills!
- HERO OF STORY Maria Anna Mozart, talented musician in her own right, an illustrated life story by Madeleine Karutz
- QUIZ, what do you do?
- Removable POSTER illustrated by Tonia Compound
Dimensions: 20 x 26.6 cm