If it is true that we are what we eat, it is inevitable that every journey also and above all passes through the kitchen. By making this concept his own, Salt & Wonder, a limited edition independent magazine, explores European culinary culture between tradition and innovation.
Each issue is a journey to a different country to tell the story of chefs and innovators who, looking to the past, shape the food of the future.
What emerges is a thoughtful and authentic portrait of each city visited and its cuisine.
Dimensions: 19x24 cm
Number of pages: 108
ISSUE 3 - Noth Italy
Local tourism, the one a few steps from home that we should get used to for the next holidays, can also be surprising. We certainly have an advantage, living in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, but to get out of the usual circuits and get lost in the wonders of the palate, this issue of Salt & Wonder comes right down to it because it is entirely dedicated to Italy. country is so famous, so unique, that it almost writes itself. But this magazine digs under the guise of a starred and gourmet gastronomy, to rediscover true and authentic flavors, unexpected in some ways.
In this number:
- Two brothers promote fusion cuisine made of local and Asian ingredients in their restaurant atop an ancient castle by the sea.
- Lucia Iannone from Turin tells us all the secrets about baking bread according to tradition
- The first Italian organic rice farmer
- The bartenders from Milan and Turin who are introducing Italian cocktails to international ones
- The streets, squares and people of Turin, in a guide that will take you off the beaten track and into the heart of an emerging city
- Interviews, new perspectives, photo reports, recipes and many inspirations.