Long and in-depth interviews with the most influential people in the fashion world and portfolios created by the most famous image producers in the sector. Here is what you will find in the pages of System magazine, a semi-annual that goes straight to the heart of the fashion industry with "deep thoughts and real opinions".
For each issue there are different covers, choose your favorite or collect them all.
In this number:
- Over the past 18 months, fashion designer Ibrahim Kamara and photographer Rafael Pavarotti have emerged as a powerful new force in creating fashion images. The two are interviewed and present their latest work in a brand new 82-page fashion portfolio titled "Your dreams are my dreams",
- Thebe Magugu in conversation with curator Hans Ulrich Obrist, in which the Johannesburg-based designer reflects on how he uses fashion to celebrate the rich history of his homeland, South Africa. With photographs by Tim Elkaïm and styling by Agata Belcen;
- Photographer Mark Lebon transformed a garage in 1980s London into a creative playground known as Crunch, became the catalyst of a countercultural scene that continues to influence fashion today. System explores Crunch's people and legacy. With contributions and memories of the likes of John Galliano, Nick Knight, Kim Jones, Mario Sorrenti, Jean-Baptiste Mondino, Glen Luchford, Tyrone Lebon and many others.
- A portfolio by performer Vinson Fraley, Jr. and del photographer Mario Sorrentino;
- Fashion historian Olivier Saillard meets Adeline André, discreet and radical protagonist of Parisian couture, with photographs by Maxime Imbert and styling by Camille Bidault-Waddington;
... and much more.
Issue 16 of System is accompanied by the exclusive 70-page Coach supplement, which explores the recent collaboration of the American brand of Juergen Teller with the 'Coach family' of 16 including Kaia Gerber and Hari Nef in New York, Kate Moss and Lexi Boling in London, and Xiao Wen Ju in Shanghai, just to name a few. Accompanied by an interview with Juergen Teller e the creative director of Coach Stuart Vevers.